BJP asks PM to ensure passage of Lokpal Bill
Chandigarh: Senior BJP leader Shanta Kumar
on Friday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s statement regarding
introduction of Lokpal Bill in Parliament was not enough and
asked him to ensure its passage in the Monsoon session
assuring him of his party`s total support.
"During the last 42 years, Lokpal Bill was introduced
eight times in Parliament but the passage of the legislation
was always deferred under one pretext or the other. The Prime
Minister should announce not only introduction of the Bill but
its final passage. BJP will support it fully in Parliament,"
the BJP vice president said.
Terming doubts being raised by some quarters over the
effectiveness of the Bill to eradicate corruption as
incorrect, the Rajya Sabha member said similar measures in
other countries of the world had led to positive results.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way