BJP asks PM to ensure passage of Lokpal Bill
Chandigarh: Senior BJP leader Shanta Kumar
on Friday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s statement regarding
introduction of Lokpal Bill in Parliament was not enough and
asked him to ensure its passage in the Monsoon session
assuring him of his party`s total support.
"During the last 42 years, Lokpal Bill was introduced
eight times in Parliament but the passage of the legislation
was always deferred under one pretext or the other. The Prime
Minister should announce not only introduction of the Bill but
its final passage. BJP will support it fully in Parliament,"
the BJP vice president said.
Terming doubts being raised by some quarters over the
effectiveness of the Bill to eradicate corruption as
incorrect, the Rajya Sabha member said similar measures in
other countries of the world had led to positive results.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test