BJP attacks Congress over dynastic politics
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: After playing a crisis manager to build consensus within the Bharatiya Janata Party on Narendra Modi`s elevation as prime ministerial candidate, BJP general secretary Ananth Kumar on Thursday targeted Congress for practising dynastic politics.
In BJP, people are elected in democratic manner, Kumar said.
Targeting Congress party in which dynastic politics is prevalent, Kumar said selection is not an issue in the ruling party since "Wahah to jo banega, Janam se banega, karam se nahi".
Kumar was clearly talking about Rahul, the 42-year-old scion of the Gandhi dynasty.
The battle between the BJP and the Congress is set to be one between Narendra Modi, the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate, and Rahul Gandhi, the Congress party’s not-willing-to-be-PM candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range