BJP attacks Congress over dynastic politics
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: After playing a crisis manager to build consensus within the Bharatiya Janata Party on Narendra Modi`s elevation as prime ministerial candidate, BJP general secretary Ananth Kumar on Thursday targeted Congress for practising dynastic politics.
In BJP, people are elected in democratic manner, Kumar said.
Targeting Congress party in which dynastic politics is prevalent, Kumar said selection is not an issue in the ruling party since "Wahah to jo banega, Janam se banega, karam se nahi".
Kumar was clearly talking about Rahul, the 42-year-old scion of the Gandhi dynasty.
The battle between the BJP and the Congress is set to be one between Narendra Modi, the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate, and Rahul Gandhi, the Congress party’s not-willing-to-be-PM candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured