BJP attacks govt over CAG report on farm loan waiver
New Delhi: BJP on Friday slammed the government over the CAG report stating that its farm loan waiver scheme has benefited the wrong people and did not reach the intended farmers, and announced it would raise this issue strongly.
"The much-touted loan waiver scheme for farmers has ended up in a scam again. The CAG report talks about the non-waiver of debts to farmers and it has been given to different people," BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters.
He alleged that as per the CAG report, the most of the money claimed by banks for the loan waiver given by the government has been lost.
"This is a mega scam and that too related to farmers which will rock this government again," Rudy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'