BJP attacks Pranab for attending lunch with convicted MLAs
New Delhi: The BJP on Wednesday alleged that the lunch hosted by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister for UPA Presidential nominee Pranab Mukherjee yesterday was attended by two convicted politicians who were out on parole and said that it had "exposed" the politics of Congress.
The party also attacked Mukherjee and the Congress "for having no regrets for sharing lunch with such convicted persons" for the sake of garnering votes.
"The way Congress was exposed yesterday while their candidate for the post of President of India was at a lunch ceremony at the Chief Minister`s residence of Uttar Pradesh and there were two convicted politicians who were present though they were out on parole," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar alleged.
He said, "This is what the Congress stands for. This is Congress culture of stooping so low only to garner votes...We condemn this and the Congress owes an explanation to the people of the country."
The BJP also slammed the Congress over the issue of corruption, while citing developments in Andhra Pradesh and in Himachal Pradesh, where Virbhadra Singh has been made the campaign committee incharge for assembly elections in spite of charges being framed against him in a corruption case.
"This is the characteristic of Congress. This is the Congress culture of corruption," Javadekar said.
"After resigning from Ministership, Congress immediately picked up Virbhadra Singh for campaigning in Himachal Pradesh even when charges have been framed against him in a corruption case. What message is he giving? We want an explanation from Congress on all these issues," Javadekar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal