BJP attacks Pranab for attending lunch with convicted MLAs
New Delhi: The BJP on Wednesday alleged that the lunch hosted by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister for UPA Presidential nominee Pranab Mukherjee yesterday was attended by two convicted politicians who were out on parole and said that it had "exposed" the politics of Congress.
The party also attacked Mukherjee and the Congress "for having no regrets for sharing lunch with such convicted persons" for the sake of garnering votes.
"The way Congress was exposed yesterday while their candidate for the post of President of India was at a lunch ceremony at the Chief Minister`s residence of Uttar Pradesh and there were two convicted politicians who were present though they were out on parole," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar alleged.
He said, "This is what the Congress stands for. This is Congress culture of stooping so low only to garner votes...We condemn this and the Congress owes an explanation to the people of the country."
The BJP also slammed the Congress over the issue of corruption, while citing developments in Andhra Pradesh and in Himachal Pradesh, where Virbhadra Singh has been made the campaign committee incharge for assembly elections in spite of charges being framed against him in a corruption case.
"This is the characteristic of Congress. This is the Congress culture of corruption," Javadekar said.
"After resigning from Ministership, Congress immediately picked up Virbhadra Singh for campaigning in Himachal Pradesh even when charges have been framed against him in a corruption case. What message is he giving? We want an explanation from Congress on all these issues," Javadekar said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani