BJP attacks Rahul Gandhi for `changing` facts
New Delhi: BJP on Friday attacked Rahul Gandhi for "changing" facts while targeting the party and asked the Congress leadership to introspect over the "lack of faith" of its leaders in the party instead of looking into BJP`s affairs.
Party spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said Gandhi had recently attacked BJP and its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi for claiming the legacy of Sardar Patel and cited certain figures to target the development during the NDA rule. "He was wrong on both counts," she told reporters.
"Instead of decrying attempts by Narendra Modi to honour Patel as a national leader..., Congress should come clean on how they have celebrated him," she said, and quoted a report which claimed that over 460 official projects, institutions and other entities were named after members of Gandhi family but almost none, barring the police academy in Hyedrabad, after Patel.
Gandhi, she said, claimed in his rallies that only 2,650 kms of roads were built during the NDA rule even though his own government`s affidavit in Supreme Court said it was 23,814 km.
"I wonder who gives him authority to change facts. Are you trying to mislead the country? Are you trying to reject the affidavit filed by your own government in the Supreme Court?," she said.
Referring to Finance Minister P Chidambaram`s decision to not contest the Lok Sabha poll and defection of Congress leaders like Satpal Maharaj to the BJP, she said there is a challenge to Congress leadership.
"Look at the number of leaving the party, not wanting the ticket... This reflects a lack of faith in the leadership. They should introspect over it rather than looking into affairs of other parties," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof