BJP attacks Rahul`s rant over RSS killing Mahatma Gandhi
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Saturday launched a scathing attack against Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi`s comment blaming the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) for assassinating Mahatma Gandhi in an election rally.
"Since Congress is staring at a defeat in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls, its Vice President is making such irresponsible statements like that of an history sheeter. BJP takes strong exceptions to what the Gandhi scion has commented on RSS," Naqvi said.
"Rahul should take some lessons in history from his senior colleagues of his party as he has little knowledge and hence he makes comments without knowing facts. It is completely wrong to drag the name of RSS over Gandhi`s assassination now as way back in 1948 itself the outfit`s name was cleared by a committee set up by the then Home Minister Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, absolving the outfit from being involved in any such conspiracy," he added.
Naqvi threatened that the BJP will take this matter right up to the Election Commission for what he called an alleged violation of Poll Conduct.
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Thursday took on RSS, blaming it for assassinating Mahatma Gandhi while addressing a public rally in Thane district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?