BJP attacks Rahul`s rant over RSS killing Mahatma Gandhi
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Saturday launched a scathing attack against Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi`s comment blaming the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) for assassinating Mahatma Gandhi in an election rally.
"Since Congress is staring at a defeat in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls, its Vice President is making such irresponsible statements like that of an history sheeter. BJP takes strong exceptions to what the Gandhi scion has commented on RSS," Naqvi said.
"Rahul should take some lessons in history from his senior colleagues of his party as he has little knowledge and hence he makes comments without knowing facts. It is completely wrong to drag the name of RSS over Gandhi`s assassination now as way back in 1948 itself the outfit`s name was cleared by a committee set up by the then Home Minister Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, absolving the outfit from being involved in any such conspiracy," he added.
Naqvi threatened that the BJP will take this matter right up to the Election Commission for what he called an alleged violation of Poll Conduct.
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Thursday took on RSS, blaming it for assassinating Mahatma Gandhi while addressing a public rally in Thane district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Billboard 200 albums chart: Drake's 'Views' remains on top for 11th time
- Quran sacrilege: Delhi AAP lawmaker Naresh Yadav sent to judicial custody till Aug 1
- Hillary Clinton nominated for president, husband Bill says she will ''never quit''
- Arjun Kapoor to have double role in 'Mubaraka'
- WATCH: TERRIFYING! Ten times Brock Lesnar showed no mercy to his WWE opponents