BJP attacks Sachin Pilot for `misguiding` people over MGNREGA
Jaipur: Rajasthan BJP on Sunday slammed state Congress chief Sachin Pilot alleging that he was trying to impress his party high command by making baseless statements against Chief Minister Vausandhra Raje, whom he had criticised a day before for "seeking" to repeal MGNREGA.
State BJP president Ashok Parnami alleged that the Congress leader was "busy making a record of false statements" against the Rajasthan government.
"Pilot is busy making record of false statement against the Raje government every day and misleading people of the state," Parnami told reporters here.
He was speaking at a function to mark the birth anniversary of BJP ideologue Shyama Prasad Mookerjee at party headquarters here.
"The Congress leader is not only telling lies, but also spreading rumours," Parnami, who is also MLA from Adarsh Nagar constituency here, said.
Quoting Raje government`s letter to Union Minister of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Nitin Gadkari seeking opinion on changing the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, Parnami said the state government was trying to improve its provisions in the general interest.
Pilot yesterday criticised Raje for "seeking to convert the MGNREGA ACT into a scheme".
"Pilot is trying to impress his party high command by making baseless statement so that he is not replaced in Rajasthan from the PCC president post," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy