BJP attacks UP government over IAS officer`s suspension
New Delhi: The BJP Monday attacked the Uttar Pradesh government over the suspension of a woman IAS officer in Noida, alleging that the Akhilesh Yadav government took the step due to "vote bank" politics.
"A woman officer was suspended. Everybody is saying she was very honest. The reason was vote bank politics. She had prevented some illegal construction at a place of worship," Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Arun Jaitley said addressing party workers here.
Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer Durga Shakti Nagpal, who took on the sand mining mafia in Greater Noida (Gautam Budh Nagar), was suspended Sunday. The UP government has, however, cited a different reason for her suspension. It said she was suspended for ordering demolition of a wall of a religious place in Noida.
Jaitley, leader of opposition in the Rajya Sabha, also hit out at the Congress for also indulging in vote-bank politics. Citing the Batla House shootout, he alleged that Congress leaders had gone to Azamgarh to the houses of youths who were accused of being terrorists.
"People in this government try to link the security issues of the country with vote banks," he said accusing the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government of having made the country "weak".
He asked BJP workers to ensure that the country is freed from the clutches of the Congress rule, saying this was what every citizen wants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead