BJP-backed nominees win Bilaspur,Una Zila parishad polls
Shimla: BJP-backed candidates managed to
get elected to the posts of the president and vice-president
of Bilaspur Zila Parishad on Monday.
The party-suppported candidate was also elected Una
Zila Parishad president.
For election to the Bilaspur Zila Parishad
president, both Promila Kumari and Kuldeep Kumar polled seven
Kuldeep, supported by the BJP, was declared winner
through draw of lots.
For the post of the vice-president, BJP backed Anup
Mahajan polled eight votes against six by his rival Basant
BJP-backed nominee Rani Ranaut was elected president
of the Una Zila Parishad polling ten votes in a 17-member
Independent Avtar Singh was elected the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube