BJP backs Ramdev`s stir
New Delhi: Backing Ramdev`s agitation on black money, BJP on Thursday said the government should take a firm decision to address concerns on the issue.
"If he (Ramdev) is sitting on a dharna then it is for the country`s sake. The entire country should extend support to him. Because the issue of bringing back black money has been raised by L K Advani. We want that black money stashed outside should return to the country," BJP MP Shanwaz Hussain told reporters outside Parliament.
Hussain said government came out with a White Paper on black money issue but "it was more of a black paper than a white because no names were mentioned in it".
BJP spokesperson Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said such a movement was the need of the hour.
"The Bharatiya Janata Party has been consistently raising this issue. If any organisation or individual raise their voice, then I think it should be taken seriously. There is no need to see it in negative light. The government should contemplate and take firm decision to address the concerns," he said.
Yoga guru Ramdev launched a three-day fast along with his supporters demanding immediate action to enact a strong Lokpal and steps to bring back black money stashed away in foreign banks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere