BJP backs Ramdev`s stir
New Delhi: Backing Ramdev`s agitation on black money, BJP on Thursday said the government should take a firm decision to address concerns on the issue.
"If he (Ramdev) is sitting on a dharna then it is for the country`s sake. The entire country should extend support to him. Because the issue of bringing back black money has been raised by L K Advani. We want that black money stashed outside should return to the country," BJP MP Shanwaz Hussain told reporters outside Parliament.
Hussain said government came out with a White Paper on black money issue but "it was more of a black paper than a white because no names were mentioned in it".
BJP spokesperson Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said such a movement was the need of the hour.
"The Bharatiya Janata Party has been consistently raising this issue. If any organisation or individual raise their voice, then I think it should be taken seriously. There is no need to see it in negative light. The government should contemplate and take firm decision to address the concerns," he said.
Yoga guru Ramdev launched a three-day fast along with his supporters demanding immediate action to enact a strong Lokpal and steps to bring back black money stashed away in foreign banks.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living