BJP befooling people with cheap politics: Congress
New Delhi: Criticizing the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi has said that the main opposition party has been playing double-standards and is befooling people with their cheap politics.
"We have been repeatedly saying this that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has double standards. Today, we want to lead the country to progress, we want to take decision for the betterment of the people of this country, but BJP is trying to obstruct every move of the government," said Alvi.
"The work which they used to do during their tenure used to be right but the when we do the same then we are wrong," he added.
Backing the allowance of foreign direct investment in multiple sectors in India, Alvi said that the UPA government is committed to economic reforms.
Alvi told media here that the government has already taken steps on reforms and the goal set will positively be achieved.
"UPA government is committed for economic reforms and CWC also has a resolution for this and Prime Minister has clearly given the statement over this issue. The government will further work on it and many steps have already been taken on reforms. We have set our goal and we will follow it," said Alvi.
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA), chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, decided to allow up to 51 percent FDI in multi-brand retail sector as well as the aviation and broadcasting segments.
The decision provoked a political backlash, with the Trinamool Congress (TMC) pulling out of the UPA government, prompting talks of mid-term polls.
However, the Congress continued on its position of majority, backed by the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) and regional Samajwadi Party (SP).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference