BJP Bhopal rally: As it happened
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
4.06 pm: Mahatma Gandhi wanted to dismantle Congress after independence but the Congress party did not honour his wish, we will have to work to make his dream come true and rid the country of the Congress party - Modi
4.05 pm: Do you want your children to stay poor or not receive proper education? If not, vote wisely - Modi
4.03 pm:Massive wave in favour of BJP from Kashmir to Kanyakumari, says Modi
4.02 pm:Shivraj ji was giving A to Z of corruption. But if you consider figures and if we start from Bhopal, then the final zero goes upto Janpath - Modi
4.00 pmCongress is not going to field its candidates in MP, Chhattisgarh, Delhi and Rajasthan in the upcoming Assembly Elections and also in the General Elections next year as the elections would be fought by the Central Bureau of Investigation, says Modi
3.59 pm: Modi singing paeans in praise of Shivraj Singh Chouhan
3.58 pm: No state government complained when NDA ruled at the Centre - Modi
3.56 pm: Congress-ruled Centre creates problems for states not under its rule; Congress had made Madhya Pradesh ‘BIMARU’
3.55 pm:MP Congress has been ‘hungry’ for the last 10 years, imagine what they will do? Says Modi
3.52 pm: BJP ruled states have always been on top in performance reports, not Congress ruled states - Chouhan
3.50 pm:Modi claims that BJP has forced the Congress to go for inclusive growth in the country. Congress ruled nation for 60 years but never before did their leaders talk about inclusive growth, says Modi
3.47 pm: Modi confident that BJP under Shivraj Singh Chouhan will win MP for a third time in a row. Shivraj Chouhan has delivered on all the promises he made, says Modi
3.43 pm: I am a small worker of the party. Let us affirm that when world celebrates Pandit Deendayal’s centenary in 2015-16, India will have a BJP govt - Narendra Modi
3.42 pm: Narendra Modi praises Shivraj Singh’s governance
3.40 pm:Have addressed several public meetings but what BJP workers have done maybe no one has done - Modi
3.39 pm:Advani ji is everyone’s Margdarshak
3.37 pm: Narendra Modi begins speech amid chants of `Modi, Modi`
3.21 pm: We are not here to enjoy power, we are here to serve people, says Chouhan.
3.18 pm: Congress gave darkness to MP; we have made 95,000 kilometres of roads, have given 24-hour electricity even in villages, says Chouhan.
3.15 pm: Chouhan presents his own version of A-Z of UPA’s corruption.
3.11 pm: Will destroy UPA’s ‘Lanka’ of corruption in Delhi, says MP CM Chouhan.
3.09 pm: I assure the central leadership that we will contribute in defeating UPA, says Chouhan.
3.08 pm: We will make it a hat-trick in Madhya Pradesh - Shivraj Chouhan.
3.05 pm: MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan begins speech
3.03 pm:‘Modi, Modi, Modi’ chants fill the air
3.01 pm: This is Mahabharat of Kaliyug and it is different of Mahabharat of Dwapar Yug, have to ensure that each discontented voter goes to the poll booth, Sushma tells party workers.
2.58 pm: Our party workers will make us win and form the government, says Sushma.
2.57 pm: Sushma Swaraj addresses the gathering. She is Member of Parliament from Vidisha in Madhya Pradesh.
2.55 pm: Jaitley highlights price rise and corruption issue
2.53 pm: After Shivraj ji retains power in November we will form Govt at Centre under Modiji`s leadership next year - Arun Jaitley
2.50 pm: Arun Jaitley begins speech
2.46 pmWe will build a great India under Narendrabhai`s leadership - Dr Murli Manohar Joshi
2.44 pmDr Joshi laud the MP unit of the party for organising the mammoth gathering
2.40 pm Murli Manohar Joshi addresses the gathering
2.36 pm: Congress has no one to match Narendra Modi; they don’t have the Naam (name) or Kaam (work) to take on Modi, that is why they are hesitating to name their PM candidate - Naidu
2.35 pm: Crowds get restless, chants of ‘Modi, Modi, Modi’ reverberates through the rally venue.
2.32 pm: This year’s assembly elections are the semi-final. BJP will win in 2013 and also the general elections in 2014, says Naidu.
2.29 pm: Venkaiah Naidu praises Shivraj Singh Chauhan for his track record as CM.
2.27 pm: Venkaiah Naidu begins speech
2.21 pm: Under Narendrabhai we will make India a true superpower - Uma Bharti
2.18 pm: Let my elder brother Shivraj ji get a bigger mandate than in 2003 also: Uma Bharti in Bhopal
2.15 pm: Rahul went to the houses of poor but that is not development, says Uma.
2.12 pm: The coming together of party workers is God`s blessing to make Narendra Modi the PM - Uma.
2.09 pm: Party workers have shown Virat Roop of Shri Krishna to make Shivraj ji the CM of MP and Narendra Bhai the PM - Uma Bharti
2.07 pm: Narendrabhai once told me that Advani is such a leader that one starts to like him more and more as one gets closer to him - Uma
2.05 pm Uma Bharti begins her address
2.00 pm: Narendrabhai will be PM in 2014, no one can stop that - Rajnath Singh
1.59 pm: Congress’ plan to implicate RSS chief in Ajmer blast case has been exposed - Rajnath
1.55 pm: BJP has become a bigger party than the Congress; achievements made by BJP CMs are unparalleled - Rajnath
1.53 pm: Shivraj Singh Chauhan has served Madhya Pradesh as a servant of the people of the state - Rajnath
1.52 pm: BJP president Rajnath Singh begins his speech.
1.51 pm:This rally is a signal not just to the country but to the world, says Advani
1.48 pm: We will win election based on our work; UPA can`t even dream of comparing to the NDA regime - Advani
1.46 pm: BJP will give India a stable Govt at the Centre, says Advani
1.45 pm: BJP has reached where it is, not due to speeches but owing to the hard work of party workers: Advani
1.40 pm: LK Advani begins speech
We have to win in MP under Shivraj ji and win in Delhi in 2014 under Narendra Modi ji: Shri Ananth Kumar
1.20 pm: Narendra Modi touches Advani’s feet, felicitates him with a bouquet.
1.15 pm: Narendra Modi, LK Advani, Shivraj Singh Chauhan, Rajnath Singh, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley, Murli Manohar Joshi, Ananth Kumar, Venkaih Naidu present on the dais.
12.50 pm: BJP rally begins at Jamboree Maidan.
10.20 am: While there is no entry fee for ordinary citizens who wish to listen to Modi’s address, the BJP has charged party workers an entry pass fee of Rs 5 per head.
10 am: The BJP has estimated that over 7.5 lakh party workers will attend the ‘Karykarta Mahakumbh’ being held at Jambooree Maidan in Bhopal.
The mega event – held on the birth anniversary of late Jan Sangh leader Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay – is aimed at putting the organisational weight behing Chief Minsiter Shivraj Singh Chauhan, who will seek a third term in office in the elections scheduled to be held by year end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark