BJP blames govt failure for increase in militant activity
New Delhi: A day after eight Army jawans was killed by terrorists in Kashmir, BJP President Rajnath Singh on Tuesday said government`s failure to tackle threats to internal security has increased the morale of militants and such activity.
"The morale of the terrorists is growing continuously. Government makes the promise time and again that it will take up the fight against terrorism very strongly and wipe it out but- forget wiping it out or terror activities becoming less- the morale of the terrorists is actually going up constantly," Singh told reporters here.
He blamed the government`s soft handling of terrorist and Maoist activities as the reason behind this and said Manmohan Singh`s regime should accept this challenge with a "firm conviction" and this should be fought.
He maintained that the BJP is fully with the government in this fight against terrorism.
"I believe this is an issue on which there should not be any politics of any kind. We also do not want to do any politics on it. We have been demanding for so long and now we request that the government take effective measures to free this country of the threat to internal security, be it the problem of terrorism or of Maoist violence," Singh said.
Suspected Hizbul Mujahideen militants had on Monday ambushed an Army convoy killing eight Army jawans and injuring 19 others on the outskirts of Srinagar city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon