BJP blames govt failure for increase in militant activity
New Delhi: A day after eight Army jawans was killed by terrorists in Kashmir, BJP President Rajnath Singh on Tuesday said government`s failure to tackle threats to internal security has increased the morale of militants and such activity.
"The morale of the terrorists is growing continuously. Government makes the promise time and again that it will take up the fight against terrorism very strongly and wipe it out but- forget wiping it out or terror activities becoming less- the morale of the terrorists is actually going up constantly," Singh told reporters here.
He blamed the government`s soft handling of terrorist and Maoist activities as the reason behind this and said Manmohan Singh`s regime should accept this challenge with a "firm conviction" and this should be fought.
He maintained that the BJP is fully with the government in this fight against terrorism.
"I believe this is an issue on which there should not be any politics of any kind. We also do not want to do any politics on it. We have been demanding for so long and now we request that the government take effective measures to free this country of the threat to internal security, be it the problem of terrorism or of Maoist violence," Singh said.
Suspected Hizbul Mujahideen militants had on Monday ambushed an Army convoy killing eight Army jawans and injuring 19 others on the outskirts of Srinagar city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack