BJP blames PM, Sonia for Army Chief`s age row
New Delhi: Terming as "sad" Army Chief Gen V
K Singh`s age row being dragged to court, BJP on Friday held Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and the
government as a whole responsible for it.
"It is a sad incident...An issue which could have been
resolved sitting within closed doors has now been dragged in
the open before the public. We hold the Centre, the prime
minister and Sonia Gandhi responsible for the incident," said
BJP vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi.
He said the issue "raised questions on the functioning
and running of the Central government...It is a dangerous
thing that even such a row involving the the Army Chief has
been dragged into public domain. This is due to the
mishandling and wrong policies of the government."
Naqvi said it was unfortunate that a small incident was
turned into a big controversy and raised a big question mark
on the functioning of the Centre.
He also alleged that many important files had gone
missing in this government, adding that nothing including the
Finance Minister`s office was safe in this regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'