BJP blames PM, Sonia for Army Chief`s age row
New Delhi: Terming as "sad" Army Chief Gen V
K Singh`s age row being dragged to court, BJP on Friday held Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and the
government as a whole responsible for it.
"It is a sad incident...An issue which could have been
resolved sitting within closed doors has now been dragged in
the open before the public. We hold the Centre, the prime
minister and Sonia Gandhi responsible for the incident," said
BJP vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi.
He said the issue "raised questions on the functioning
and running of the Central government...It is a dangerous
thing that even such a row involving the the Army Chief has
been dragged into public domain. This is due to the
mishandling and wrong policies of the government."
Naqvi said it was unfortunate that a small incident was
turned into a big controversy and raised a big question mark
on the functioning of the Centre.
He also alleged that many important files had gone
missing in this government, adding that nothing including the
Finance Minister`s office was safe in this regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender