BJP blames PM, Sonia for Army Chief`s age row
New Delhi: Terming as "sad" Army Chief Gen V
K Singh`s age row being dragged to court, BJP on Friday held Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and the
government as a whole responsible for it.
"It is a sad incident...An issue which could have been
resolved sitting within closed doors has now been dragged in
the open before the public. We hold the Centre, the prime
minister and Sonia Gandhi responsible for the incident," said
BJP vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi.
He said the issue "raised questions on the functioning
and running of the Central government...It is a dangerous
thing that even such a row involving the the Army Chief has
been dragged into public domain. This is due to the
mishandling and wrong policies of the government."
Naqvi said it was unfortunate that a small incident was
turned into a big controversy and raised a big question mark
on the functioning of the Centre.
He also alleged that many important files had gone
missing in this government, adding that nothing including the
Finance Minister`s office was safe in this regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers