BJP blames Pune top cop for neglecting terror threats
Mumbai: Maharashtra Leader of Opposition in
Legislative Council Pandurang Phundkar on Wednesday blamed Pune
police commissioner for neglecting threat alerts from the
central agencies to vital installations in the city.
"Pune Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh was busy with
his office security when the blast took place," Phundkar said
in a discussion on law and order situation of the state.
"In fact the Central agencies had informed the state
Government about the possible threats to Chabad House, Lal
Deul and Osho Ashram," he said.
Instead of providing security to these establishments,
the Commissioner beefed up the security around his office,
The blast could have been avoided if the alerts were
followed by him, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'