BJP blames Pune top cop for neglecting terror threats
Mumbai: Maharashtra Leader of Opposition in
Legislative Council Pandurang Phundkar on Wednesday blamed Pune
police commissioner for neglecting threat alerts from the
central agencies to vital installations in the city.
"Pune Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh was busy with
his office security when the blast took place," Phundkar said
in a discussion on law and order situation of the state.
"In fact the Central agencies had informed the state
Government about the possible threats to Chabad House, Lal
Deul and Osho Ashram," he said.
Instead of providing security to these establishments,
the Commissioner beefed up the security around his office,
The blast could have been avoided if the alerts were
followed by him, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...