BJP brings Revenue min`s resignation case in House
Jaipur: Opposition BJP leaders today sought clarification from the Speaker in Rajasthan Legislative Assembly on the status of Revenue Minister Hemaram Choudhary`s resignation from his post.
As soon as Choudhary rose from his seat to table an ordinance on the first day of monsoon session of the assembly, BJP leader Rajendra Singh Rathore asked the Speaker to confirm whether the minister had resigned or not.
Supporting Rathore, two other BJP members Kalicharan Saraf and Digamber Singh said they had also read about the controversy of resignation in the media, and the House should tell its members about the minister`s status.
Speaker Dipendra Singh Shekhawat asked them to keep saying he had no such information in the assembly.
Later a very brief business of house was conducted in which eight ordinances and 12 amended bills were tabled by concerned ministers.
On July 24, the revenue minister had tendered his resignation from Barmer on the alleged controversy related to shifting of oil refinery from Leelala to Pachpadra.
Next morning Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot had announced not to accept the resignation. After Congress party high command`s direction Choudhary announced to withdraw resignation and resumed the ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday