BJP brings Revenue min`s resignation case in House
Jaipur: Opposition BJP leaders today sought clarification from the Speaker in Rajasthan Legislative Assembly on the status of Revenue Minister Hemaram Choudhary`s resignation from his post.
As soon as Choudhary rose from his seat to table an ordinance on the first day of monsoon session of the assembly, BJP leader Rajendra Singh Rathore asked the Speaker to confirm whether the minister had resigned or not.
Supporting Rathore, two other BJP members Kalicharan Saraf and Digamber Singh said they had also read about the controversy of resignation in the media, and the House should tell its members about the minister`s status.
Speaker Dipendra Singh Shekhawat asked them to keep saying he had no such information in the assembly.
Later a very brief business of house was conducted in which eight ordinances and 12 amended bills were tabled by concerned ministers.
On July 24, the revenue minister had tendered his resignation from Barmer on the alleged controversy related to shifting of oil refinery from Leelala to Pachpadra.
Next morning Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot had announced not to accept the resignation. After Congress party high command`s direction Choudhary announced to withdraw resignation and resumed the ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan