BJP calls for CBI probe into firms owned by Pawan Kumar Bansal`s kin
Chandigarh: Stepping up the heat on railway minister Pawan Kumar Bansal following his nephew`s arrest in a graft case, BJP on Friday called for a CBI probe into three firms floated by his relatives which had allegedly profited under "shelter" provided by him.
"The turnover of these firms, with family members of the Union minister as their directors and share-holders, increased many times in the past five years due to shelter provided by Bansal to these companies in legitimising black money," BJP`s legal cell chief and executive member Satya Pal Jain alleged.
Jain distributed copies of documents pertaining to the said firms and demanded that the union minister should be interrogated over the affair.
"Bansal floated these firms and appointed his relatives as directors and share-holders against the norms of the Companies Act," he further alleged.
The documents distributed by Jain showed loans and advances received by `Vibgyor Designs Private Ltd`, `Bansi Raunaq Enery Group Ltd` and `Theon Pharmaceuticals Ltd`, three firms where the directors and share-holders are relatives of Bansal, including his wife, two sons and their spouses.
He questioned the source of funding for floating the above firms and allotment of shares to Bansal`s relatives.
Jain also circulated the "statement" submitted by Bansal on his assets and liabilities in 2012 where he showed no loans from Theon Pharmaceuticals.
"Bansal must resign on moral grounds for preserving the dignity of the country," Jain said.
Bansal was caught in the eye of a political storm after his nephew was arrested by CBI last week for allegedly accepting a payment to enable a railway official to land a plum post.
Meanwhile, BJP workers, led by local party leader Sanjay Tandon, today staged a demonstration close to the CBI office here seeking Bansal`s interrogation by the investigative agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’