BJP calls for tabling of Liberhan rpt in Parliament
New Delhi: The BJP, facing the heat over the Liberhan Commission report findings, on Monday accused the Congress of selectively leaking parts of the report to divert attention from its own omissions and shortcomings.
Accusing the government of leaking parts of the report, Rajnath Singh, while speaking to reporters, said, “I don’t understand why the report has not yet been tabled the report in the Parliament when the report was submitted on June 30 itself. The government has itself leaked the report to polarise the electorate before Jharkhand polls.”
On being asked, whether the leaked excerpts have indeed indicted BJP’s tallest leaders LK Advani, Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Murli Manohar Joshi, Rajnath Singh said that he will himself know only when the report is tabled in the Parliament.
BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy also attacked the Congress saying, “Why is the govt playing hide-and-seek? We are also keen to know the contents of the report; they should table the entire report in the Parliament. What the govt is doing is selective leakage. They are doing it to deflect attention from core issues like price rise, Madhu Koda scam.”
“Why this leakage happened when the Parliament is in session. The home minister has to answer that,” he added.
The BJP has been clearly caught off guard as reports now claim that Advani will be chairing an emergency meeting on the issue in the Parliament today
The leakage is sure to cause pandemonium in the parliament today. In fact, Deputy Leader of Opposition Shushma Swaraj has already met Speaker Meira Kumar to demand that the govt immediately table the Action Taken Report and also the full report in the Parliament.
She has also called for the suspension of the question hour today.
The Congress on the other hand is keeping its cards close to its chest and refraining from making a statement on the issue. Spokesperson Abhishek Manu Singhvi only said, “There is no question of responding to a press report. I cannot deny or confirm such reports.”
He however did take the opportunity to attack the BJP over the issue. “For the last 18 years the nation as a whole knows what happened. The nation also knows the Rath Yatra and other such organised movements.”
The Samajwadi Party has also responded in a guarded way. With both party supreme Mulayam Singh Yadav and his man Friday Amar Singh calling for the tabling of the entire report in the Parliament.
Meanwhile, Justice Liberhan refused to comment on the queries related to the news report, even though he did not deny its veracity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested