BJP calls homosexuality unnatural, says cannot support it
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Spelling out its stand on the controversial Section 377, the main opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has described homosexuality as “an unnatural act” which “cannot be supported”.
BJP president Rajnath Singh has stated that his party will support Section 377 that bans gay sex and makes it punishable with upto life imprisonment.
"Gay sex is not natural and we cannot support something which is unnatural," the BJP chief reportedly said.
Singh further said the BJP will oppose any move to nullify the Supreme Court verdict upholding homosexuality as a criminal offence.
The SC earlier this week set aside a Delhi High Court order of 2009 that decriminalised homosexuality in India.
The remarks came amid speculation that the Union government may file a review or curative petition in the apex court against the two-judge bench order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened