BJP calls PM`s visit to Muzaffarnagar secular tourism
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party Monday said the visit of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and vice president Rahul Gandhi to the violence-hit Muzaffarnagar district is nothing but "secular tourism on communal riots".
"The wounds of the people cannot be healed by doing this. It is completely secular tourism on communal riots and nothing else," BJP national vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi told reporters here.
He said whatever the prime minister has said is of no use, as people want action and not words.
"When (BJP leader) Ravi Shankar Prasad and leaders of other political parties wanted to visit Muzaffarnagar they were stopped, but prime minister, Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi can visit," he said.
During a visit to Muzaffarnagar, the prime minister called for punishing the guilty.
Riots broke out in Muzaffarnagar district Sep 7, leaving 48 dead and over 40,000 homeless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’