BJP can alter the nation`s face in 3 yrs: Gadkari
Jalandhar: Terming politics as the ladder to change the socio-economic condition of the country, BJP president Nitin Gadkari said that his party could change the
nation`s face in three years if it comes to power.
"If BJP comes to power, then the face of the country will change in three years. It can lift the nation from the present economic peril," Gadkari said tonight while speaking at the launch of the Punjabi version of his book, `Vikas Ke Raha Par` (On the path of development).
The book titled in Punjabi as `Vikas de Raha te` was released by the editors of various newspapers here.
In a scathing attack on the UPA, he said, "Country is facing starvation and poverty due to the wrong economic policies of the corrupt government and the bureaucracy".
He said "our country is not poor but the thinking of our rulers has become poor".
Talking about the book he said, "I am not a writer. I have written this book based on my experiences. I took inspiration from a poor family in Gadchiroli district of Maharashtra.
"That family of an old woman and her daughter had only a pair of clothes to wear, which they shared as when one had to go outside another remained in the home," he said.
This incident changed his life and he joined the politics to "serve the people", Gadkari said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani