BJP chief should clarify on meeting Pragya Thakur: Cong
New Delhi: Congress on Monday sought to counter Rajnath Singh`s attack on Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde over his "Hindu terror" remarks asking whether the BJP chief had not gone to meet terror accused Pragya Singh Thakur in jail.
"Rajnath Singh should say had he not gone to meet Pragya Singh in jail. Had L K Advani not given a statement in favour of her and her associates. They should tell what is their relationship to them," party spokesperson Rashid Alvi told reporters referring to the Malegaon blast accused.
He at the same time added that his party has already made it clear that Congress does not believe in linking terror with any religion, community or colour.
"Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde has clarified the statement. After the clarfication by Shinde and the party, the matter should have been brought to an end. It is unfortunate that an issue is still being made out of this," Alvi said.
In a scathing attack on Shinde over his "Hindu terror" remarks, the BJP president yesterday said the Home Minister had hurt India`s image by his comments and dared him to ban the RSS and BJP and arrest all their leaders if there was any evidence against these organisations.
The Congress spokesperson also attacked former BJP chief Nitin Gadkari for his remarks against IT officials saying that it was "inappropriate and very unfortunate" and such statements do not behove any political party or its leader.
Asked about the incident of communal violence in Dhule in Maharashtra in which policemen have been shown engaged in arson, Alvi said that it was a "sensitive matter" and "action will be taken against the responsbile cops to which ever rank they belong."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past