BJP claims no rift in party over Reddy brothers
New Delhi: In the wake of the controversy
created by Sushma Swaraj`s statement on Reddy brothers, BJP on Sunday said there was no rift over the issue in the party.
Asked about the reported differences between Sushma
Swaraj and some senior party leaders, BJP spokesperson Nirmala
Sitaraman said "there is no rift in the party. There are no
BJP president Nitin Gadkari had issued a statement
yesterday, saying any debate on the choice of Karnataka
ministers in the media is "totally unnecessary".
His statement came after former BJP president Rajnath
Singh and Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa claimed
responsibility for inducting the controversial Reddy brothers
into the state cabinet, from which Swaraj had distanced
Swaraj, perceived to be close to the Reddys, had last
week said it was the decision of Jaitley, Yeddyurappa, M
Venkaiah Naidu and Ananth Kumar to induct mining magnates
Janardhan and Karunakar Reddy into the cabinet.
The remarks, which brought to fore the differences
among second generation leadership in BJP, forced Rajnath
Singh and Yeddyurappa to claim responsibility for the
induction of the Reddy brothers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past