BJP claims no rift in party over Reddy brothers
New Delhi: In the wake of the controversy
created by Sushma Swaraj`s statement on Reddy brothers, BJP on Sunday said there was no rift over the issue in the party.
Asked about the reported differences between Sushma
Swaraj and some senior party leaders, BJP spokesperson Nirmala
Sitaraman said "there is no rift in the party. There are no
BJP president Nitin Gadkari had issued a statement
yesterday, saying any debate on the choice of Karnataka
ministers in the media is "totally unnecessary".
His statement came after former BJP president Rajnath
Singh and Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa claimed
responsibility for inducting the controversial Reddy brothers
into the state cabinet, from which Swaraj had distanced
Swaraj, perceived to be close to the Reddys, had last
week said it was the decision of Jaitley, Yeddyurappa, M
Venkaiah Naidu and Ananth Kumar to induct mining magnates
Janardhan and Karunakar Reddy into the cabinet.
The remarks, which brought to fore the differences
among second generation leadership in BJP, forced Rajnath
Singh and Yeddyurappa to claim responsibility for the
induction of the Reddy brothers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?