BJP CMs back Modi, allege misuse of CBI
New Delhi: Chief Ministers of BJP-ruled
states Saturday joined their Gujarat counterpart and party
colleague Narendra Modi to allege that the UPA government was
misusing CBI for political gains.
"Yes, CBI is being misused. What is happening in Gujarat
is not good. The agency should be put to good use to crack big
cases and not as a political arm of the Union government,"
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal `Nishank` said
Expressing similar sentiments, Bihar Deputy Chief
Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said, "Everyone knows how the agency
is being put to use...there is nothing much to explain now."
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal said
the Centre should ensure that government machinery is not used
for political purposes.
Narendra Modi alleged that "pick and choose" policy was
being followed in CBI probe against Gujarat Home Minister Amit
Shah in the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case. He also accused
the Centre of using the agency as a political weapon.
"The CBI is being used as a political weapon to settle
political scores," he claimed.
The Gujarat Chief Minister alleged that Congress is
trying to take "revenge" after failing in 2007 assembly
election in Gujarat in which it "tried to project Sohrabuddin
as a hero. He (Sohrabuddin) is the same person from whose
house several AK-47 rifles and explosives were recovered."
Chief Ministers of various states are in the national
capital to attend the meeting of the National Development
Council chaired by the Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof