BJP CMs back Modi, allege misuse of CBI
New Delhi: Chief Ministers of BJP-ruled
states Saturday joined their Gujarat counterpart and party
colleague Narendra Modi to allege that the UPA government was
misusing CBI for political gains.
"Yes, CBI is being misused. What is happening in Gujarat
is not good. The agency should be put to good use to crack big
cases and not as a political arm of the Union government,"
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal `Nishank` said
Expressing similar sentiments, Bihar Deputy Chief
Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said, "Everyone knows how the agency
is being put to use...there is nothing much to explain now."
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal said
the Centre should ensure that government machinery is not used
for political purposes.
Narendra Modi alleged that "pick and choose" policy was
being followed in CBI probe against Gujarat Home Minister Amit
Shah in the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case. He also accused
the Centre of using the agency as a political weapon.
"The CBI is being used as a political weapon to settle
political scores," he claimed.
The Gujarat Chief Minister alleged that Congress is
trying to take "revenge" after failing in 2007 assembly
election in Gujarat in which it "tried to project Sohrabuddin
as a hero. He (Sohrabuddin) is the same person from whose
house several AK-47 rifles and explosives were recovered."
Chief Ministers of various states are in the national
capital to attend the meeting of the National Development
Council chaired by the Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security