BJP committed to constructing Ram temple: Kalraj Mishra
Mathura: BJP is committed to constructing Ram temple in Ayodhya and it would go for Constitution amendment if required, senior party leader Kalraj Mishra said on Friday.
"Though the matter is in court and though construction of Ram temple is VHP`s issue, however, in principal, we are committed to (constructing the) temple," Mishra said when asked to comment on a statement by state BJP chief Laxmi Kant Bajpai on the Ram temple issue.
"BJP would go for Constitution amendment for the temple if it gets absolute majority (in general elections), in case hurdles are created," he said.
Mishra, however, hastened to add that efforts would first be made for attaining agreement from all stakeholders on the issue.
Bajpai had reportedly said BJP was committed to the issue and if need be, an amendment in the Constitution would be made for this.
The senior BJP leader said he was not in favour of construction of mosque in Ayodhya. "No mosque should be constructed within the periphery of Ayodhya," he said.
On video showing UP Minister Narendra Bhati purportedly claiming he got IAS officer Durga Nagpal transferred within 41 minutes, he said, "With the statement of Bhati, it has now become clear that the IAS officer was penalised as she was working against the interest of mining mafia.
"There was no communal issue and no wall was demolished," he asserted, alleging that Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav was misleading the people of the state.
He claimed that honest officers were being penalised in the SP regime and attributed it to poor law and order situation in the state.
He welcomed the formation of Telengana, saying, "BJP is in favour of smaller states. However, all aspects, including economic, should also looked into."
On BSP chief Mayawati`s demand to divide Uttar Pradesh into four parts, he said, "A Commission should be appointed for the division of UP and on the basis of its report, the decision should be taken."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing