BJP committed to secularism: Advani
Surajkund: With 2014 General Elections in mind, senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader LK Advani on Friday emphasised upon the need to win more allies by "re-projecting” the BJP’s “commitment to secularism".
In the written text of his speech that was circulated among partymen at the end of the party`s national executive meeting, Advani observed that in a bid to transform the NDA into a "more robust and larger" NDA Plus alliance, the BJP needs "imaginative re-projection of our commitment to secularism” in a bid to gain more partners.
"We should, with full conviction, reassure our brethren belonging to the minority communities that we brook no discrimination or injustice in dealing with different sections of our diverse society," his message read.
He further lambasted at the controversial anti-Islam film that has set off protests across the Muslim world recently. "I would like to refer to an important issue that is agitating the minds of Muslims in India and elsewhere.... A controversial film on Islam, which is highly derogatory to Prophet Mohammed, is circulating on the Internet. I strongly condemn it. It is against our ethos to accept defamation of prophets and saints, who are revered by any faith," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!