BJP committed to secularism: Advani
Surajkund: With 2014 General Elections in mind, senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader LK Advani on Friday emphasised upon the need to win more allies by "re-projecting” the BJP’s “commitment to secularism".
In the written text of his speech that was circulated among partymen at the end of the party`s national executive meeting, Advani observed that in a bid to transform the NDA into a "more robust and larger" NDA Plus alliance, the BJP needs "imaginative re-projection of our commitment to secularism” in a bid to gain more partners.
"We should, with full conviction, reassure our brethren belonging to the minority communities that we brook no discrimination or injustice in dealing with different sections of our diverse society," his message read.
He further lambasted at the controversial anti-Islam film that has set off protests across the Muslim world recently. "I would like to refer to an important issue that is agitating the minds of Muslims in India and elsewhere.... A controversial film on Islam, which is highly derogatory to Prophet Mohammed, is circulating on the Internet. I strongly condemn it. It is against our ethos to accept defamation of prophets and saints, who are revered by any faith," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez