BJP condemns Jhargram train attack
New Delhi: Condemning as "dastardly" the
Jhargram train attack, BJP on Friday said it was high time the
Government gave a requisite and firm response to the Naxal
challenge and spoke in one voice against it.
"BJP strongly condemns the dastardly killing of a
large number of passengers in the Maoist sponsored `Black
Week` in Jhargram. It is a clear case of sabotage by Maoists
which led to this dastardly killing of so many passengers,"
BJP chief spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
He said the government should understand the enormity of
"It is high time the whole debate about limited mandate
on the fight against Naxalism, of this being a Centre or a
state subject and a law and order issue only must be closed
once and for all. This ought to be treated as a serious
national problem with requisite and firm response," Prasad
BJP president Nitin Gadkari expressed "profound shock
and grief" over the death of 68 passengers of the Howrah-Kurla
"I convey my sincere condolences to the families of
those killed in the disaster," he said in a statement.
Prasad sought to know as to how many more innocent lives
would be lost before the government took notice.
"It is high time the Government of India, the Congress
party, and their allies spoke in one language and there ought
not be any confusion about it," he said.
The main opposition party also demanded that Railway
Minister Mamata Banerjee devote "full attention" to her
ministry. The party wondered if there was some slip somewhere
as the Naxals had already announced the `Black Week` but no
precautionary measures were taken.
Prasad also criticised the human rights activists who
have a soft corner for Naxals.
"Those who always speak for human rights of Naxalites
must explain as to whether the victims of Naxal violence like
innocent passengers have got any human rights or not," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?