BJP condemns terror strikes, says Pakistan continuing with proxy war
New Delhi: Condemning the twin terror attacks in Jammu region, BJP on Thursday said Pakistan is continuing with its strategy to strike at will through proxy war of terror and demanded that Prime Minister Manamohan Singh should not hold the proposed talks with his Pakistani counterpart.
BJP president Rajnath Singh asked why the Prime Minister is in a "hurry" to meet Nawaz Sharif. The two leaders are due to meet in New York on September 29 on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly.
"The PM is in a hurry to start dialogue with Pakistan. There should be no talks with Pakistan unless there is a conducive environment," Singh said on a Twitter post.
"I strongly condemn the terrorist attack on the police and security forces in Jammu. The terrorists have attacked India almost at will," he added. The BJP has opposed the talks between the two prime ministers.
BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said the Prime Minister had himself assured the nation through both Houses of Parliament after Mumbai attack and after beheading of two soldiers that India will not hold talks with Pakistan till it takes minimal action against terror.
"But what are we seeing today that Pakistan land is being used to attack and conduct terror attacks in India," he said.
"We condemn the twin dastardly attacks. This shows that Pakistan continues on its strategy to strike at will through this proxy war of terror," he said.
Another BJP leader Yashwant Sinha maintained that the Prime Minister should not hold talks at all with Sharif.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you