BJP, Cong spar over Taslima book
New Delhi: A war of words ensued between the
BJP and the Congress on Wednesday over the cancellation of the
official release of controversial author Taslima Nasreen`s
book in Kolkata with the former accusing Congress of driving
the country towards a dangerous mindset and the latter saying
fanaticism was intrinsic to the Opposition party`s DNA.
"We condemn it. Congress is driving the country towards a
dangerous mindset," senior BJP leader Murali Manohar Joshi
said reacting to the cancellation of the release of the
seventh part of Nasreen`s `Nirbasan` (Exile) at Kolkata Book
Reacting to BJP`s attack, Congress spokesperson Manish
Tewari said that BJP has a tendency of "tilting at windmills".
"Fanaticism is intrinsic to the DNA of BJP and its
affiliate organisations," Tewari said asking the Opposition
party to "purge itself from fanaticism" and look within before
levelling "false allegations" against Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday