BJP, Cong spar over Taslima book
New Delhi: A war of words ensued between the
BJP and the Congress on Wednesday over the cancellation of the
official release of controversial author Taslima Nasreen`s
book in Kolkata with the former accusing Congress of driving
the country towards a dangerous mindset and the latter saying
fanaticism was intrinsic to the Opposition party`s DNA.
"We condemn it. Congress is driving the country towards a
dangerous mindset," senior BJP leader Murali Manohar Joshi
said reacting to the cancellation of the release of the
seventh part of Nasreen`s `Nirbasan` (Exile) at Kolkata Book
Reacting to BJP`s attack, Congress spokesperson Manish
Tewari said that BJP has a tendency of "tilting at windmills".
"Fanaticism is intrinsic to the DNA of BJP and its
affiliate organisations," Tewari said asking the Opposition
party to "purge itself from fanaticism" and look within before
levelling "false allegations" against Congress.
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind