BJP, Congress hit out at Kejriwal
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday came under attack from both the BJP and the Congress with the Opposition party charging his NGO with having dubious foreign funding while the ruling party dubbed the activist and his team as "frontmen" of anti-Congress forces.
Hurt by Kejriwal`s allegations against party chief Nitin Gadkari, the BJP said they were at the behest of those who are funding him from abroad, a charge rejected by the social activist.
The editorial of the latest edition of Congress mouthpiece Congress Sandesh, as also BJP journal Kamal Sandesh, projected Kejriwal in poor light.
Kamal Sandesh said he has taken a "supari (contract)" from foreign sources and demanded that the Manmohan Singh government investigate the matter.
"After ruining the Anna Andolan and in pursuit of its naked ambition, Team Kejriwal is involved in a conspiracy to create suspicion about `democracy` and by doing so it is definitely playing into the hands of those who have no attachment either to India or Bharat Mata," the article said.
Kejriwal had recently alleged that Gadkari`s Purti Group has bought farmers` land at cheap rates from the government and also got irrigation water from the dam in Gosikhurd area of Vidarbha diverted to his sugar factory.
"The main game of Kejriwal may be related to funding. The thing to be known is whether the funds belong to India or to the forces which want to weaken the country," the publication said.
"One who could not remain loyal to Anna, how can he be loyal to the nation? He is engaged in digging holes in democracy with the help of foreign funds," it said.
Kejriwal has refuted these allegations and asked the BJP to come clean on its funding in the last ten years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?