BJP, Congress still at loggerheads over governors` resignation
New Delhi: Adding to the war of words regarding the issue of replacing six UPA-appointed governors, Bharatiya Janta Party leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi Thursday slammed Congress party for politicizing the issue.
Naqvi added, "There shouldn`t be any politics in the constitutional posts, there is a proper procedure involved in this kind of things, according to which steps are taken."
Earlier, Congress leader PL Punia had also said that the governor`s post is an important constitutional position and they should be allowed to complete their tenure.
Punia added, "This is not a constitutional way to do things and one cannot force the governors to resign."
Governor of Chhattisgarh, Shekhar Dutt had stepped down from his office earlier today, while Uttar Pradesh Governor BL Joshi and Karnataka Governor HR Bhardwaj had resigned on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000