BJP, Congress still at loggerheads over governors` resignation
New Delhi: Adding to the war of words regarding the issue of replacing six UPA-appointed governors, Bharatiya Janta Party leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi Thursday slammed Congress party for politicizing the issue.
Naqvi added, "There shouldn`t be any politics in the constitutional posts, there is a proper procedure involved in this kind of things, according to which steps are taken."
Earlier, Congress leader PL Punia had also said that the governor`s post is an important constitutional position and they should be allowed to complete their tenure.
Punia added, "This is not a constitutional way to do things and one cannot force the governors to resign."
Governor of Chhattisgarh, Shekhar Dutt had stepped down from his office earlier today, while Uttar Pradesh Governor BL Joshi and Karnataka Governor HR Bhardwaj had resigned on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him