BJP, Congress still at loggerheads over governors` resignation
New Delhi: Adding to the war of words regarding the issue of replacing six UPA-appointed governors, Bharatiya Janta Party leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi Thursday slammed Congress party for politicizing the issue.
Naqvi added, "There shouldn`t be any politics in the constitutional posts, there is a proper procedure involved in this kind of things, according to which steps are taken."
Earlier, Congress leader PL Punia had also said that the governor`s post is an important constitutional position and they should be allowed to complete their tenure.
Punia added, "This is not a constitutional way to do things and one cannot force the governors to resign."
Governor of Chhattisgarh, Shekhar Dutt had stepped down from his office earlier today, while Uttar Pradesh Governor BL Joshi and Karnataka Governor HR Bhardwaj had resigned on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family