‘BJP couldn’t prove corruption charges against me’
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Sunday said the BJP government in Madhya Pradesh had failed to prove even a single corruption charge against him despite making all efforts since it came to power in 2003.
Addressing a meeting of office-bearers of the state Congress Committee, Singh said whenever he makes a statement against the BJP or the RSS, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan is taken to task by the BJP leaders.
"The BJP leaders ask Chouhan as to why he was unable to bring out any corruption charge against me," Singh said.
He said corruption had attained massive proportion during the BJP rule and unheard of things were happening in the state.
"Who could have imagined that assets worth Rs 350 crore would be recovered from the house of an IAS couple in the state?" he asked.
Similarly, crores of rupees were being seized during raids at the premises of store keepers and even peons, he said.
In case the Income Tax department or the Enforcement Directorate raids the houses of ministers in the state, it could find thousands of crores, Digvijay claimed.
If Congress came to power in Madhya Pradesh after the Assembly elections next year, it would look into the assets of all ministers during the present BJP rule, he stated.
Singh also asked the youth Congress workers to rise above factionalism and work in the interest of the party.
He said Congress had always given encouragement to youth and pointed out that the average age of a Lok Sabha member in 1952 was much lower than what it is today.
He said Indira Gandhi had also given lot of importance to the youth Congress and added that most of the party leaders now in position in New Delhi had once been associated with it.
"Even I had worked for the youth Congress at the beginning of my political career," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?