BJP criticises Shinde for attending music function post Patna blasts
New Delhi: BJP on Monday criticised Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde for attending a music launch function of a soon-to-be-released Bollywood movie a few hours after multiple blasts in Patna, saying it has become a habit of Union Ministers not to give any attention to better governance.
BJP spokesperson Siddarth Nath Singh said when the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack had happened, the then Home Minister was seen frequently changing his clothes before speaking to the media.
"And now when serial blasts took place at Hunkar rally in Patna, Shinde was at the music launch function. It has become a habit of Congress ministers not to give any attention to better governance but give more emphasis on their clothes and music," he said.
Shinde had yesterday attended the music launch of film `Rajjo` starring Kangana Ranaut in Mumbai, a few hours after serial blasts rocked a rally in Patna which was attended by BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
"It is shocking to find the Home Minister entertaining himself in a music function instead of monitoring the situation after the serial blasts," another BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said.
The Home Minister has not yet said anything about his presence in the music launch function.
In his address at the function, Shinde had said he initially thought that he would not be able to attend the function due to the explosions in Patna.
"You all know what had happened in Patna. I thought that I would not be able to come here. But, from my heart, I wanted to attend the function...," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city