BJP dares Bansal to a debate on railway `cash-for-job` scandal
Chandigarh: On the eve of Narendra Modi`s visit to Chandigarh, BJP on Friday launched a scathing attack on Congress nominee and former Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal over the issue of corruption and dared him to an open debate on the `cash-for-job` scandal.
Senior BJP leader and former MP Satya Pal Jain asked Bansal if he was ready for an open debate on the railway `cash-for-job` scandal after which he had to resign from the UPA government.
Jain claimed that Bansal and other Congress leaders were avoiding discussion on the issue of corruption in public life.
Referring to the arrest of Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla while accepting bribe, Jain said, "It is unbelievable that any close relative of a minister would accept a bribe of Rs 90 lakh without the consent of the minister."
Jain, who was among the front runners for the party`s ticket from Chandigarh, said while Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi is talking of bringing "anti-corruption laws" and Bansal is shirking the issue. BJP will not allow him to run away from this, he asserted.
Jain also criticised the local administration for not allowing the party`s `Rath Yatra` scheduled for April 9 on the occasion of `Ram Nabami`. "This is an insult to the religious sentiments of Hindus," he said.
BJP has fielded actor-turned-politician Kirron Kher against sitting MP Bansal. The Aam Aadmi Party has nominated actor Gul Panag from the seat that goes to polls on April 10.
BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Modi will address a rally in Chandigarh tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician