BJP dares Cong to bring Bill on Telangana statehood
New Delhi: The BJP on Friday challenged Congress to bring a Bill for the formation of Telangana state saying it is ready to support it.
BJP general secretary Ananth Kumar said BJP was in favour of the separate state while Congress was adopting "double standards" on it. "We demand that they bring a Bill on Telangana formation. We are ready to pass it," he said.
Kumar said if Congress was sincere towards Telangana formation, they should have brought the Bill in the budget session and the matter would have been settled in this session.
The opposition party also accused Congress of obstructing Parliament`s functioning and running away from a public debate in the House on price rise, the current economic situation and the falling value of rupee, besides that on the missing files in coal blocks allocation scam and Robert Vadra`s investments.
"BJP is ready to discuss all this. They are running away from a public debate on these isues in Parliament," said the BJP general secretary.
He charged Congress is trying to hide its infirmities, shortcomings and inaction on these issues and it is responsible for stalling Parliament so far.
"Congress and UPA government are responsible for obstructing Parliament. We did not obstruct Parliament. It is UPA and Congress government which has obstructed Parliament," Ananth Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees