BJP dares Cong to bring Bill on Telangana statehood
New Delhi: The BJP on Friday challenged Congress to bring a Bill for the formation of Telangana state saying it is ready to support it.
BJP general secretary Ananth Kumar said BJP was in favour of the separate state while Congress was adopting "double standards" on it. "We demand that they bring a Bill on Telangana formation. We are ready to pass it," he said.
Kumar said if Congress was sincere towards Telangana formation, they should have brought the Bill in the budget session and the matter would have been settled in this session.
The opposition party also accused Congress of obstructing Parliament`s functioning and running away from a public debate in the House on price rise, the current economic situation and the falling value of rupee, besides that on the missing files in coal blocks allocation scam and Robert Vadra`s investments.
"BJP is ready to discuss all this. They are running away from a public debate on these isues in Parliament," said the BJP general secretary.
He charged Congress is trying to hide its infirmities, shortcomings and inaction on these issues and it is responsible for stalling Parliament so far.
"Congress and UPA government are responsible for obstructing Parliament. We did not obstruct Parliament. It is UPA and Congress government which has obstructed Parliament," Ananth Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle
- Now, WhatsApp to share your phone number with Facebook
- SHOCKING: Man performing stunt on high tension wire at Mumbai's Mira road station – Watch
- Bank of Baroda's total business takes Rs 90,000-crore hit in 2015-16