BJP dares Cong to bring Bill on Telangana statehood
New Delhi: The BJP on Friday challenged Congress to bring a Bill for the formation of Telangana state saying it is ready to support it.
BJP general secretary Ananth Kumar said BJP was in favour of the separate state while Congress was adopting "double standards" on it. "We demand that they bring a Bill on Telangana formation. We are ready to pass it," he said.
Kumar said if Congress was sincere towards Telangana formation, they should have brought the Bill in the budget session and the matter would have been settled in this session.
The opposition party also accused Congress of obstructing Parliament`s functioning and running away from a public debate in the House on price rise, the current economic situation and the falling value of rupee, besides that on the missing files in coal blocks allocation scam and Robert Vadra`s investments.
"BJP is ready to discuss all this. They are running away from a public debate on these isues in Parliament," said the BJP general secretary.
He charged Congress is trying to hide its infirmities, shortcomings and inaction on these issues and it is responsible for stalling Parliament so far.
"Congress and UPA government are responsible for obstructing Parliament. We did not obstruct Parliament. It is UPA and Congress government which has obstructed Parliament," Ananth Kumar said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know