BJP dares Cong to include non-Hindu superstitions in Bill
Bangalore: Opposing proposed legislation on anti-superstition and black magic in Karnataka, BJP on Thursday challenged the Congress Government to include superstitions practised by non-Hindu communities in the proposed legislation before it was tabled in assembly.
"There are so many superstitions practised by non-Hindu communities also in Karnataka. Let the Siddaramaiah Government include these practices in the proposed bill before tabling it in both Houses of the legislature," State BJP President Prahalad Joshi told reporters here.
Maintaining that the proposed bill, to be tabled during the upcoming winter session of Assembly at Belgaum, "hurts the Hindu sentiments," he threatened that BJP would stall the session if the government tabled it.
"We will do our best to oppose this proposed bill. We will not allow the session to run, if the government tables it in both Houses," he said.
Under the proposed Karnataka Prevention and Eradication of Human Sacrifice and Other Inhuman Evil and Gory Practices and Blackmagic Bill, 2013, promoters of various such practices exploiting people would be brought to book.
The bill also proposes the setting up of Karnataka Anti-Superstition Authority at the state-level and vigilance committees on superstitious practices at district levels for prevention and control of superstitious practices and protection of those exposed to their ill-effects.
He said there was no need for the government to enact law for bringing changes in Hindu society as Hindus have been relinquishing beliefs and practices from time to time.
"Reforms comes naturally for Hindus. There is no need for enacting laws to bring changes," Joshi said.
Replying to a query, Joshi said the Karnataka Government should not commit a mistake as Maharashtra had done by enacting such a law on superstition.
On providing security to BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, he said the centre should provide SPG cover to the Gujarat Chief Minister for holding rallies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Setback for Arvind Kejriwal as Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan for threatening woman
- Fawad Khan to romance Deepika Padukone in Ranveer Singh starrer 'Padmavati'?
- Solar Impulse 2 begins its final flight of world tour, heads to Abu dhabi
- 21 patients die on single day in Hyderabad govt hospital, staff blame power outage
- New Zealand's Queenstown Airport evacuated after 'bomb message' found on plane