BJP defends Narendra Modi`s `puppy remark`, says Congress is scared
New Delhi: BJP on Saturday attacked Congress for targeting Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on his "puppy" remarks, saying the ruling party is twisting facts as it is scared of his growing popularity and its move would backfire.
"Congress party and others are scared of Narendra Modi`s popularity, impeccable integrity, record of governance. Therefore, they are in the habit of twisting facts. What he has said, every creature is worshipped in India and anything wrong happens it is a matter of sadness," BJP Deputy Leader in Rajya Sabha Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
Modi`s comments on the post-Godhra riots in an interview yesterday that `if a puppy comes under the wheels of your car, you would feel sad`, had created a storm with his political rivals accusing him of "insensitivity" for using the canine analogy.
"I think he (Modi) is so clear. Yet you are trying to read into it after his clarification. It is, I can only say, a case of having some kind of hatred against Modi. But the more they seek to hate without any basis, the more his popularity is going to rise before the people of the country," Prasad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH