BJP defends Narendra Modi`s `puppy remark`, says Congress is scared
New Delhi: BJP on Saturday attacked Congress for targeting Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on his "puppy" remarks, saying the ruling party is twisting facts as it is scared of his growing popularity and its move would backfire.
"Congress party and others are scared of Narendra Modi`s popularity, impeccable integrity, record of governance. Therefore, they are in the habit of twisting facts. What he has said, every creature is worshipped in India and anything wrong happens it is a matter of sadness," BJP Deputy Leader in Rajya Sabha Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
Modi`s comments on the post-Godhra riots in an interview yesterday that `if a puppy comes under the wheels of your car, you would feel sad`, had created a storm with his political rivals accusing him of "insensitivity" for using the canine analogy.
"I think he (Modi) is so clear. Yet you are trying to read into it after his clarification. It is, I can only say, a case of having some kind of hatred against Modi. But the more they seek to hate without any basis, the more his popularity is going to rise before the people of the country," Prasad said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know