BJP defends party chief Nitin Gadkari
Chandigarh: Defending BJP president Nitin Gadkari, who is facing flak over the affairs of his company, the party on Saturday said he had agreed to face any investigation despite a "hostile government."
"Whatever allegations have been levelled against the BJP, its president Nitin Gadkari has himself offered to face any inquiry. On the very first day when the allegations were levelled, the party chief declared that he is ready to face any inquiry by the government or by any outside agency," BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy told a news conference here.
He claimed that inspite of being up against a "hostile government" and apprehending that fair probe may not be possible under the Congress-led UPA, the BJP chief had lost no time in saying that he was willing to such probe.
He also claimed that no one in the Congress has ever come out and said they are ready for investigations when various kinds of allegations have been levelled against them.
"Within 24 hours of the allegations cropping up, Nitin Gadkari was on various news channels giving clarification... And this is the difference between the Congress and the BJP," Rudy, who was here for a brief stopover on his way to campaign in Himachal Pradesh, said.
When a reporter asked if Gadkari will campaign in BJP-ruled Gujarat, Rudy said, "till yesterday, you (media) were saying he may also not go to Himachal Pradesh for campaigning. Today, Gadkari ji and Sushma (Swaraj) ji are in HP."
"Let me say one thing. The BJP is solidly behind Nitin Gadkari," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt@2: Have an enormous task ahead, says PM
- Hindu majority needed to save democracy in India, Uniform Civil Code important: Subramanian Swamy
- Good news for wait-listed passengers! Now upgrade to Air India if train ticket not confirmed
- North Korea's Kim Jong-Un turns into a matchmaker for his sister, set to host dating contest
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue