BJP demands action against Rita Bahuguna Joshi
Hyderabad: BJP on Saturday demanded that the Congress party take exemplary action against its Uttar Pradesh president Rita Bahuguna Joshi for her alleged derogatory remarks against UP Chief Minister Mayawati.
Speaking to reporters here, party`s senior leader M Venkaiah Naidu said the indecent remarks have no place in a civilised society and it should be condemned by one and all.
Though the Congress party chief Sonia Gandhi has expressed deep pain and anguish over the remarks, but mere distancing and condemning was not enough, he said and asked the Congress party to remove Joshi from the state party`s presidentship.
Naidu also condemned arson and attack on Joshi`s house and said the Uttar Pradesh government should take action against those responsible for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday