BJP demands action against Rita Bahuguna Joshi
Hyderabad: BJP on Saturday demanded that the Congress party take exemplary action against its Uttar Pradesh president Rita Bahuguna Joshi for her alleged derogatory remarks against UP Chief Minister Mayawati.
Speaking to reporters here, party`s senior leader M Venkaiah Naidu said the indecent remarks have no place in a civilised society and it should be condemned by one and all.
Though the Congress party chief Sonia Gandhi has expressed deep pain and anguish over the remarks, but mere distancing and condemning was not enough, he said and asked the Congress party to remove Joshi from the state party`s presidentship.
Naidu also condemned arson and attack on Joshi`s house and said the Uttar Pradesh government should take action against those responsible for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion