BJP demands action against Rita Bahuguna Joshi
Hyderabad: BJP on Saturday demanded that the Congress party take exemplary action against its Uttar Pradesh president Rita Bahuguna Joshi for her alleged derogatory remarks against UP Chief Minister Mayawati.
Speaking to reporters here, party`s senior leader M Venkaiah Naidu said the indecent remarks have no place in a civilised society and it should be condemned by one and all.
Though the Congress party chief Sonia Gandhi has expressed deep pain and anguish over the remarks, but mere distancing and condemning was not enough, he said and asked the Congress party to remove Joshi from the state party`s presidentship.
Naidu also condemned arson and attack on Joshi`s house and said the Uttar Pradesh government should take action against those responsible for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa