BJP demands action against Rita Bahuguna Joshi
Hyderabad: BJP on Saturday demanded that the Congress party take exemplary action against its Uttar Pradesh president Rita Bahuguna Joshi for her alleged derogatory remarks against UP Chief Minister Mayawati.
Speaking to reporters here, party`s senior leader M Venkaiah Naidu said the indecent remarks have no place in a civilised society and it should be condemned by one and all.
Though the Congress party chief Sonia Gandhi has expressed deep pain and anguish over the remarks, but mere distancing and condemning was not enough, he said and asked the Congress party to remove Joshi from the state party`s presidentship.
Naidu also condemned arson and attack on Joshi`s house and said the Uttar Pradesh government should take action against those responsible for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed