BJP demands Antony`s statement on J&K infiltration bid
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday demanded a statement from Defence Minister AK Antony on the gunfight between the army and infiltrators in Jammu and Kashmir`s Keran sector.
"What is happening in Keran Sector is very disturbing. This is absolutely unacceptable. And therefore, we demand that the Defence Minister must give statement to reassure the nation and tell what the facts are," said BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar.
"Why has been the encounter taking place from so many days? The most important thing was why the nation wasn`t informed of such infiltration. The defense minister should come forward to assure the nation and tell the truth," he added.
Two terrorists were killed as the army foiled an infiltration bid at Gujjardur in Keran sector of Jammu and Kashmir today.
According to reports, the operation took place west of Shala Batu village in Keran sector in the Kashmir Valley where the army has been involved in an encounter with militants for the last 11 days.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference