BJP demands Antony`s statement on J&K infiltration bid
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday demanded a statement from Defence Minister AK Antony on the gunfight between the army and infiltrators in Jammu and Kashmir`s Keran sector.
"What is happening in Keran Sector is very disturbing. This is absolutely unacceptable. And therefore, we demand that the Defence Minister must give statement to reassure the nation and tell what the facts are," said BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar.
"Why has been the encounter taking place from so many days? The most important thing was why the nation wasn`t informed of such infiltration. The defense minister should come forward to assure the nation and tell the truth," he added.
Two terrorists were killed as the army foiled an infiltration bid at Gujjardur in Keran sector of Jammu and Kashmir today.
According to reports, the operation took place west of Shala Batu village in Keran sector in the Kashmir Valley where the army has been involved in an encounter with militants for the last 11 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam