BJP demands cancellation of appointments of Commissioners
Chandigarh: Opposition BJP on Wednesday demanded cancellation of appointments of Information Commissioners and Commissioners of Right to Service Commission, whom the oath was administered by Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
In a memorandum submitted to newly-appointed Haryana Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki here today, the 11-member delegation of BJP, led by state president Ram Bilas Sharma, also sought registration of an FIR against Chief Secretary S C Choudhry for allegedly forcing a senior IAS officer Pradeep Kasni to do "wrong things" pertaining to appointments.
"We have sought from Haryana Governor to cancel appointments of two State Information Commissioners and three Commissioners of Haryana Right to Service Commission which are totally illegal and unconstitutional," Sharma told reporters.
Accusing Hooda government of not following rules and proper procedures in making appointments, Sharma alleged that Hooda administered an oath of office to new commissioners despite Haryana Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki taking an oath as new Governor.
"As per the Constitution, the letter of appointments should have been issued before administering oath. But Hooda government did not bother about it and went ahead with making appointments," he alleged.
The Opposition party also took a dig at Haryana Chief Secretary S C Choudhry for sending objectionable text messages to Kasni over a file pertaining to the appointments.
"An FIR should be lodged against Choudhry for pressurising Kasni to do illegal things with regard to appointments," he said.
When asked whether it got assurance of action from Haryana Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki, Sharma said he had assured the BJP delegation that after studying the matter, he would act.
Sharma alleged that the previous Governor Jaganath Pahadia "was also pained at heat" when he was forced to appoint three vice chancellors on the last day of his term.
"During my meeting with Pahadia, the former Governor appeared to upset with Haryana Chief Minister over appointments of VCs," he alleged.
Pahadia had appointed vice chancellors of Chaudhary Ranbir Singh University, Jind, Chaudhary Bansi Lal University, Bhiwani and Bhagat Phool Singh Mahila University, Khanpur Kalan, Sonipat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060