BJP demands cancellation of appointments of Commissioners
Chandigarh: Opposition BJP on Wednesday demanded cancellation of appointments of Information Commissioners and Commissioners of Right to Service Commission, whom the oath was administered by Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
In a memorandum submitted to newly-appointed Haryana Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki here today, the 11-member delegation of BJP, led by state president Ram Bilas Sharma, also sought registration of an FIR against Chief Secretary S C Choudhry for allegedly forcing a senior IAS officer Pradeep Kasni to do "wrong things" pertaining to appointments.
"We have sought from Haryana Governor to cancel appointments of two State Information Commissioners and three Commissioners of Haryana Right to Service Commission which are totally illegal and unconstitutional," Sharma told reporters.
Accusing Hooda government of not following rules and proper procedures in making appointments, Sharma alleged that Hooda administered an oath of office to new commissioners despite Haryana Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki taking an oath as new Governor.
"As per the Constitution, the letter of appointments should have been issued before administering oath. But Hooda government did not bother about it and went ahead with making appointments," he alleged.
The Opposition party also took a dig at Haryana Chief Secretary S C Choudhry for sending objectionable text messages to Kasni over a file pertaining to the appointments.
"An FIR should be lodged against Choudhry for pressurising Kasni to do illegal things with regard to appointments," he said.
When asked whether it got assurance of action from Haryana Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki, Sharma said he had assured the BJP delegation that after studying the matter, he would act.
Sharma alleged that the previous Governor Jaganath Pahadia "was also pained at heat" when he was forced to appoint three vice chancellors on the last day of his term.
"During my meeting with Pahadia, the former Governor appeared to upset with Haryana Chief Minister over appointments of VCs," he alleged.
Pahadia had appointed vice chancellors of Chaudhary Ranbir Singh University, Jind, Chaudhary Bansi Lal University, Bhiwani and Bhagat Phool Singh Mahila University, Khanpur Kalan, Sonipat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand