BJP demands impartial probe into Priyanka Gandhi`s Shimla property
New Delhi: BJP on Monday demanded an impartial and fair probe into whether Priyanka Gandhi Vadra had acquired a piece of land near Shimla in an improper manner.
BJP Vice-President Shanta Kumar had written a letter to activist Arvind Kejriwal about a piece of land, located near Shimla, that was alloted to Priyanka Vadra and suggested that it should be probed if there were anomalies in the allocation.
Asked if the party stood by his demand, BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman replied in the affirmative.
"Shanta Kumar is a very senior leader of the party and has raised a vital issue. This land allotment happened during Congress rule (in Himachal Pradesh)...It is important for the government to come clean on it," she said.
The party maintained that a probe into the matter was important as it would have an impact on other corruption- related issues.
BJP also took dig at the Union government for some of its ministers insisting that there was no need to probe the charges levelled by Kejriwal and his fellow activist Prashant Bhushan. Finance Minister P Chidambaram had ruled out a probe.
"Ministers have said today there will be no investigation in Robert Vadra case. Many ministers in this government also need to be investigated but will not be probed," Sitharaman said.
The main opposition party further claimed that all allegations it has levelled till now against the UPA ministers and Congress leaders have been on the basis of "credible documents".
Asked about the allegations against BJP President Nitin Gadkari, the party said it is ready for "whatever investigation" the government wants to conduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!