BJP demands impartial probe into Priyanka Gandhi`s Shimla property
New Delhi: BJP on Monday demanded an impartial and fair probe into whether Priyanka Gandhi Vadra had acquired a piece of land near Shimla in an improper manner.
BJP Vice-President Shanta Kumar had written a letter to activist Arvind Kejriwal about a piece of land, located near Shimla, that was alloted to Priyanka Vadra and suggested that it should be probed if there were anomalies in the allocation.
Asked if the party stood by his demand, BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman replied in the affirmative.
"Shanta Kumar is a very senior leader of the party and has raised a vital issue. This land allotment happened during Congress rule (in Himachal Pradesh)...It is important for the government to come clean on it," she said.
The party maintained that a probe into the matter was important as it would have an impact on other corruption- related issues.
BJP also took dig at the Union government for some of its ministers insisting that there was no need to probe the charges levelled by Kejriwal and his fellow activist Prashant Bhushan. Finance Minister P Chidambaram had ruled out a probe.
"Ministers have said today there will be no investigation in Robert Vadra case. Many ministers in this government also need to be investigated but will not be probed," Sitharaman said.
The main opposition party further claimed that all allegations it has levelled till now against the UPA ministers and Congress leaders have been on the basis of "credible documents".
Asked about the allegations against BJP President Nitin Gadkari, the party said it is ready for "whatever investigation" the government wants to conduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!