BJP demands impartial probe into suicide of rape case accused
Kolkata: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Monday demanded an "impartial probe" into the suicide of Ram Singh, one of the accused in the Delhi gang-rape case, but doubted if it was possible.
"There should be an impartial probe into the suicide to bring out the truth," Singh said when asked to react on the suicide of Ram Singh.
Ram Singh, an accused in the December 16 gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus who died in a Singapore hospital on December 29, allegedly committed suicide in the Tihar Jail this morning.
Ram Singh was arrested soon after the December 16 incident from near his home in RK Puram.
Singh, however, doubted the effectiveness of an impartial probe, saying, "Actually under this Congress government many of our investigative agencies have been politicised."
"This Congress government has destroyed all healthy practices in a democracy," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you