BJP demands impartial probe into suicide of rape case accused
Kolkata: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Monday demanded an "impartial probe" into the suicide of Ram Singh, one of the accused in the Delhi gang-rape case, but doubted if it was possible.
"There should be an impartial probe into the suicide to bring out the truth," Singh said when asked to react on the suicide of Ram Singh.
Ram Singh, an accused in the December 16 gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus who died in a Singapore hospital on December 29, allegedly committed suicide in the Tihar Jail this morning.
Ram Singh was arrested soon after the December 16 incident from near his home in RK Puram.
Singh, however, doubted the effectiveness of an impartial probe, saying, "Actually under this Congress government many of our investigative agencies have been politicised."
"This Congress government has destroyed all healthy practices in a democracy," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!