BJP demands impartial probe into suicide of rape case accused
Kolkata: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Monday demanded an "impartial probe" into the suicide of Ram Singh, one of the accused in the Delhi gang-rape case, but doubted if it was possible.
"There should be an impartial probe into the suicide to bring out the truth," Singh said when asked to react on the suicide of Ram Singh.
Ram Singh, an accused in the December 16 gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus who died in a Singapore hospital on December 29, allegedly committed suicide in the Tihar Jail this morning.
Ram Singh was arrested soon after the December 16 incident from near his home in RK Puram.
Singh, however, doubted the effectiveness of an impartial probe, saying, "Actually under this Congress government many of our investigative agencies have been politicised."
"This Congress government has destroyed all healthy practices in a democracy," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore