BJP demands impartial probe into suicide of rape case accused
Kolkata: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Monday demanded an "impartial probe" into the suicide of Ram Singh, one of the accused in the Delhi gang-rape case, but doubted if it was possible.
"There should be an impartial probe into the suicide to bring out the truth," Singh said when asked to react on the suicide of Ram Singh.
Ram Singh, an accused in the December 16 gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus who died in a Singapore hospital on December 29, allegedly committed suicide in the Tihar Jail this morning.
Ram Singh was arrested soon after the December 16 incident from near his home in RK Puram.
Singh, however, doubted the effectiveness of an impartial probe, saying, "Actually under this Congress government many of our investigative agencies have been politicised."
"This Congress government has destroyed all healthy practices in a democracy," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Deepika Padukone enters 'world`s highest-paid actresses' list
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding