BJP demands independent probe into Vadra-DLF deal
Chandigarh: The main opposition BJP on Thursday demanded an independent probe into the controversial land deal between Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra and realty major DLF group, while slamming the Haryana government for shunting out IAS officer Ashok Khemka for ordering a probe into the same.
Addressing a press conference in the national capital, BJP spokesperson Nirmala Seetharaman said, “We demand an explanation from the Hooda government for transferring Ashok Khemka, the former Director General of Land Consolidation, three days after he ordered a probe into the vadra-DLF deal.”
Hitting out at the Congress party, BJP leader said, “We also want the sealing of all documentary evidence in connection with the case and an independent probe into the Vadra-DLF deal.”
Seetharaman said the Haryana government was not probing the "undue benefits" in the land deal and instead was inquiring into the conduct of the officer.
She further stated that the Haryana government was trying to save Vadra and alleged that the Congress had an "Emergency mindset".
"The Congress is in complete shambles, they do not know what to do next."
Reaction from the BJP came hours after Harayana’s Town and Country Planning head TC Gupta defended the controversial land deal and demanded action against Khemka for his baseless allegations in connection with the case.
Gupta today alleged that IAS officer Ashok Khemka’s order cancelling the mutation of Robert Vadra-DLF land deal contained "factual inaccuracies" and had been passed in "total disregard of administrative propriety".
In a strongly worded letter to state Chief Secretary PK Chaudhery yesterday, Gupta, Director General of Haryana`s Town and Country Planning Department, referred to "orders of Director General, Consolidation of Land Holdings & Land Records-cum-Inspector General of Registration issued on October 15.”
Gupta, a senior IAS officer, said the original copy of Khemka`s order has still not been received by his Department, "even though the same has found its way to all newspapers/ electronic media".
"In these orders, certain comments have unnecessarily been made against the working of this Department which are not only unfounded but totally uncalled for," he said.
"The orders contain factual inaccuracies, vitiated by legal infirmities and have been passed in total disregard of administrative propriety," Gupta said in the letter.
In the order, Khemka, who was transferred from his post of Director-General, Consolidation on October 11 and relinquished his charge on October 15 evening, had cancelled the mutation of the land sold by Vadra`s company to realty major DLF.
Khemka had observed that the Town and Country Planning Department should not have renewed the LOI/licence granted to the vendor when a major portion of the consideration money had already been paid to it by the DLF.
When contacted this morning, Khemka told reporters that he would like to "offer no comment" on Gupta`s letter. "A government order has been passed on the issue…if TC Gupta finds it wrong, he is free to go to court, " Khemka said adding, “Any party is free to go to court against my order if they feel it is unfounded…the government is the competent authority, let it decide on it."
The Haryana government and the Congress have been under fire from the Opposition as well as India Against Corruption activist Arvind Kejriwal over the transfer of IAS officer Ashok Khemka. Khemka was transferred after he began a probe into the Vadra-DLF deal in Manesar. However, before leaving office, Khemka ordered the cancellation of mutation of land in the deal.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly