BJP demands inquiry into Khar-separatists meeting
Jammu: Terming the meeting between
visiting Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar and
separatists as "breach of protocol, the BJP on Wednesday demanded an
inquiry into it.
"We demand a probe into the circumstances in which
Kashmiri separatist leaders met Khar ahead of parleys with
External Affairs Minister S M Krishna. It is a breach of
protocol," J&K State BJP chief Shamsher Singh Manhas told
reporters here today.
He urged the Prime Minister to order probe into it and
put the facts before the country.
"This is a dangerous trend.... Either the central
government has facilitated the meeting and or it did not know
about it? If they have facilitated, the Centre should make a
statement on the reasons for it.
"If they did not know, it is the failure of the
security setup as to how they (separatists) reached the
meeting venue," he questioned.
Khar met the delegations led by hardliner separatist
leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani and moderate Hurriyat chief
Mirwaiz Umar Farooq at the Pakistan High Commission yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’