BJP demands inquiry into Khar-separatists meeting
Jammu: Terming the meeting between
visiting Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar and
separatists as "breach of protocol, the BJP on Wednesday demanded an
inquiry into it.
"We demand a probe into the circumstances in which
Kashmiri separatist leaders met Khar ahead of parleys with
External Affairs Minister S M Krishna. It is a breach of
protocol," J&K State BJP chief Shamsher Singh Manhas told
reporters here today.
He urged the Prime Minister to order probe into it and
put the facts before the country.
"This is a dangerous trend.... Either the central
government has facilitated the meeting and or it did not know
about it? If they have facilitated, the Centre should make a
statement on the reasons for it.
"If they did not know, it is the failure of the
security setup as to how they (separatists) reached the
meeting venue," he questioned.
Khar met the delegations led by hardliner separatist
leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani and moderate Hurriyat chief
Mirwaiz Umar Farooq at the Pakistan High Commission yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden