BJP demands Kalmadi`s resignation for CWG `irregularities`
New Delhi: Training its guns on Suresh
Kalmadi, BJP today demanded the resignation of the Chairman of
Commonwealth Games Organising Committee, citing former OC
official T S Darbari`s statement and a CAG report indicting
him of financial irregularities.
"Darbari has said all decisions were taken after getting
a nod from Kalmadi or as per his directions and these were not
his faults. He has said he was made a scapegoat. A CAG report
has also declared him (Kalmadi) guilty of wrongdoing... As
such, it is not right for him to continue in Organising
Committee post," Deputy leader of BJP in Lok Sabha, Gopinath
He also cited Darbari`s accusations about discrepancies
in the Queen`s Baton Relay and said these were done under the
"under the nose of the Prime Minister and UPA Chairperson
"After the CAG report, no doubts remain... Kalmadi has
said he had the support of the high command in all that he
did," Munde said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India