BJP demands PM`s reply on CAG coal report
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday slammed Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for the alleged irregularities pointed out by the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) report in the allocation of coal blocks between 2006 and 2009.
"The CAG has pointed out a loss of Rs.1.86 lakh crore to the exchequer. The BJP has been raising the issue for quite some time now," BJP leader Rajiv Pratap Rudy said.
"This is not just a scam, it`s a case of murder and loot. We would like an answer from the prime minister on charges made by the CAG," Rudy said minutes after the report was tabled in the Rajya Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest