BJP demands PM`s reply on CAG coal report
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday slammed Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for the alleged irregularities pointed out by the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) report in the allocation of coal blocks between 2006 and 2009.
"The CAG has pointed out a loss of Rs.1.86 lakh crore to the exchequer. The BJP has been raising the issue for quite some time now," BJP leader Rajiv Pratap Rudy said.
"This is not just a scam, it`s a case of murder and loot. We would like an answer from the prime minister on charges made by the CAG," Rudy said minutes after the report was tabled in the Rajya Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen