BJP demands probe into allegations against Vadra
Jaipur: BJP on Saturday demanded a "fair" probe into the allegations against Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra by civil society activists Arvind Kejriwal and Prashant Bhushan that he was hugely favoured by realty major DLF.
"It is the expectation of people of the country that the matter should be investigated. It should also be probed that what benefits Congress`s state governments in Rajasthan, Haryana and Delhi gave to Vadra," BJP national spokesperson Ravishankar Prasad told reporters here.
Activists Arvind Kejriwal and Prashant Bhushan had alleged yesterday that Vadra had been hugely favoured by realty major DLF in exchange of favour from the state governments.
They alleged that Vadra had bought property worth crores of rupees between 2007 and 2010 with an `unsecured interest free loan` of Rs 65 crore given by DLF.
"If Rs 65 crore were a charity, then why the DLF chose a person who is linked with Gandhi family," the BJP leader said.
About the charges of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on the expenses on Sonia Gandi`s foreign trips, Prasad said, "We are not commenting on the health or treatment of Sonia Gandhi, we are concerned about the expenses on her foreign trips for which the PMO is quiet," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video