BJP demands probe into allegations against Vadra
Jaipur: BJP on Saturday demanded a "fair" probe into the allegations against Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra by civil society activists Arvind Kejriwal and Prashant Bhushan that he was hugely favoured by realty major DLF.
"It is the expectation of people of the country that the matter should be investigated. It should also be probed that what benefits Congress`s state governments in Rajasthan, Haryana and Delhi gave to Vadra," BJP national spokesperson Ravishankar Prasad told reporters here.
Activists Arvind Kejriwal and Prashant Bhushan had alleged yesterday that Vadra had been hugely favoured by realty major DLF in exchange of favour from the state governments.
They alleged that Vadra had bought property worth crores of rupees between 2007 and 2010 with an `unsecured interest free loan` of Rs 65 crore given by DLF.
"If Rs 65 crore were a charity, then why the DLF chose a person who is linked with Gandhi family," the BJP leader said.
About the charges of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on the expenses on Sonia Gandi`s foreign trips, Prasad said, "We are not commenting on the health or treatment of Sonia Gandhi, we are concerned about the expenses on her foreign trips for which the PMO is quiet," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands