BJP demands probe into allegations against Vadra
Jaipur: BJP on Saturday demanded a "fair" probe into the allegations against Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra by civil society activists Arvind Kejriwal and Prashant Bhushan that he was hugely favoured by realty major DLF.
"It is the expectation of people of the country that the matter should be investigated. It should also be probed that what benefits Congress`s state governments in Rajasthan, Haryana and Delhi gave to Vadra," BJP national spokesperson Ravishankar Prasad told reporters here.
Activists Arvind Kejriwal and Prashant Bhushan had alleged yesterday that Vadra had been hugely favoured by realty major DLF in exchange of favour from the state governments.
They alleged that Vadra had bought property worth crores of rupees between 2007 and 2010 with an `unsecured interest free loan` of Rs 65 crore given by DLF.
"If Rs 65 crore were a charity, then why the DLF chose a person who is linked with Gandhi family," the BJP leader said.
About the charges of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on the expenses on Sonia Gandi`s foreign trips, Prasad said, "We are not commenting on the health or treatment of Sonia Gandhi, we are concerned about the expenses on her foreign trips for which the PMO is quiet," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!