BJP demands probe into black money allegations
Cuttack: Senior BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad on Sunday sought an investigation into the charges on black money levelled by India Against Corruption (IAC) activist Arvind Kejriwal.
"Instead of remaining silent, Centre should take initiative for an inquiry into allegations levelled about black money," Prasad, who was here to attend a meeting of BJP`s state-level legal and legislative cell, said.
The BJP leader`s statement came in the wake of allegations made by Kejriwal about money laundering against major corporate houses and his attack on the UPA government.
Prasad said Congress-led government should come out with a clarification on the issue.
Hitting out at the Manmohan Singh government, the BJP leader said corruption was rampant during UPA rule as the country witnessed a series of scandals like 2G spectrum scam, Coalgate and CWG scam.
Turning to Odisha, Prasad lashed out at the BJD government in the state over mining scam and said it must ensure an impartial probe into irregularities in the mining activities over last several years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read