BJP demands probe into black money allegations
Cuttack: Senior BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad on Sunday sought an investigation into the charges on black money levelled by India Against Corruption (IAC) activist Arvind Kejriwal.
"Instead of remaining silent, Centre should take initiative for an inquiry into allegations levelled about black money," Prasad, who was here to attend a meeting of BJP`s state-level legal and legislative cell, said.
The BJP leader`s statement came in the wake of allegations made by Kejriwal about money laundering against major corporate houses and his attack on the UPA government.
Prasad said Congress-led government should come out with a clarification on the issue.
Hitting out at the Manmohan Singh government, the BJP leader said corruption was rampant during UPA rule as the country witnessed a series of scandals like 2G spectrum scam, Coalgate and CWG scam.
Turning to Odisha, Prasad lashed out at the BJD government in the state over mining scam and said it must ensure an impartial probe into irregularities in the mining activities over last several years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Unstoppable Slam machine Novak Djokovic eyes fourth Wimbledon title
- AAP's protest march to 7 RCR: Detained Delhi Dy CM Sisodia, 52 MLAs released by police
- 'Time to focus on cyber threats to aviation sector in India'
- Alien or rock formation? UFO hunters claim extraterrestrial presence on Mars! - See pic
- Government plans new category visa to attract foreigners, boost trade