BJP demands probe into black money allegations
Cuttack: Senior BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad on Sunday sought an investigation into the charges on black money levelled by India Against Corruption (IAC) activist Arvind Kejriwal.
"Instead of remaining silent, Centre should take initiative for an inquiry into allegations levelled about black money," Prasad, who was here to attend a meeting of BJP`s state-level legal and legislative cell, said.
The BJP leader`s statement came in the wake of allegations made by Kejriwal about money laundering against major corporate houses and his attack on the UPA government.
Prasad said Congress-led government should come out with a clarification on the issue.
Hitting out at the Manmohan Singh government, the BJP leader said corruption was rampant during UPA rule as the country witnessed a series of scandals like 2G spectrum scam, Coalgate and CWG scam.
Turning to Odisha, Prasad lashed out at the BJD government in the state over mining scam and said it must ensure an impartial probe into irregularities in the mining activities over last several years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal