BJP demands probe into black money allegations
Cuttack: Senior BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad on Sunday sought an investigation into the charges on black money levelled by India Against Corruption (IAC) activist Arvind Kejriwal.
"Instead of remaining silent, Centre should take initiative for an inquiry into allegations levelled about black money," Prasad, who was here to attend a meeting of BJP`s state-level legal and legislative cell, said.
The BJP leader`s statement came in the wake of allegations made by Kejriwal about money laundering against major corporate houses and his attack on the UPA government.
Prasad said Congress-led government should come out with a clarification on the issue.
Hitting out at the Manmohan Singh government, the BJP leader said corruption was rampant during UPA rule as the country witnessed a series of scandals like 2G spectrum scam, Coalgate and CWG scam.
Turning to Odisha, Prasad lashed out at the BJD government in the state over mining scam and said it must ensure an impartial probe into irregularities in the mining activities over last several years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!